Sunday, February 12, 2012

NCTE/ALAN 2011


Why yes, I do realize it's 2012! But guess what I forgot about? That would be my blog...

With the world of social media, I have recently gotten a Twitter (follow me @lastingrosebud), Goodreads account (username: misscasabona), and started a website for my classroom where my students can stay current on homework, vocab words, extra credit, book reviews, and other resources.

Therefore, it is no surprise that along the way I have lost all sense of writing for my own, personal reasons. The highlight of 2011 for me was attending the NCTE and ALAN conventions in Chicago, IL. My first time in Chicago, and my 3rd annual attendance at the NCTE convention, left me with more resources and information than I could handle. I resorted to making a Google document to commemorate all that I learned during my trip, from the various teaching workshops.

For the second year in a row, I had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with educational advocate and teacher, Kylene Beers.


I promise to write more about the convention when I have some free time. For now, it's off to grade some student journals while watching the remainder of the Grammy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment